Thank-you for registering for our BEST course! Datum Marine Services is so very excited to host you, and extremely proud to offer this Captain’s Bootcamp in Tofino. Below you will find a link to a PDF with lots of information about the course. Here are the most important points:
- Start time – most days, including the 1st day, class starts at 8am (this program includes 2-night runs, you will be starting later on these days)
- Location – 601 Gibson St, Tofino, the house with the very steep driveway behind the Shelter Restaurant. PLEASE PARK ON THE STREET.
- Show Up – On – Time – Every Day – you must have 100% attendance to pass this course. The course runs for 4 days, a day off, then another 4 days. Every lesson builds on the lesson before. Every day builds on the day before it. The course is written like a story—you can’t skip ahead, or miss part of the story, or you’ll be lost.
- Lunch is NOT provided. We usually pre-order lunch from local restaurants/ cafes (the instructors will help you with that). You may also bring your own packed lunch.
- We provide: Sanitized, insulated gumboots, floater jacket, water resistant pants. We will also provide goggles for when you are out on an open boat in the rain. All this equipment is to borrow.
- You provide: warm under layers (no cotton!). Warm gloves—we can show you a good and cheap combination of gloves to buy at the fuel dock (bring your bank card or money on the first day out). Bring a toque and neck warmer – It gets super cold on the water on an open boat!
Do you need a place to stay in Tofino?
Captain’s Bootcamp participants get a 15% discount on rooms at the Tofino Resort & Marina (promo code: Bootcamp).
Tofino is busy with visitors year round, we recommend booking accommodation as soon as possible