Please find below links to PDF documents relating to Datum Marine Services Ltd Covid Safety Protocols
COVID-19 – 22 May, 2020
Datum Marine Services Ltd is deeply committed to the health and safety of the community we serve. The current COVID-19 pandemic has created risks and challenges for person-to-person interaction and therefore impacts the way in which Datum Marine Services Ltd delivers its courses.
Accordingly, the following instructions MUST be reviewed in advance of a Datum Marine Services Ltd course by a registered participant planning on attending.
Adherence to these instructions is mandatory and Datum Marine Services Ltd instructors have the responsibility and authority to dismiss a participant if these instructions are not followed.
1. The following individuals will NOT be permitted to attend a Datum Marine Services Ltd course:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must self-isolate at home; symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms
- Anyone under the direction of the provincial health officer must self-isolate and must follow those instructions
Datum Marine Services Ltd will reschedule or refund any participant who is not able to attend at any time during the course for any of the above reasons.
(Please note, Datum Marine Services Ltd course instructors are bound by these same instructions and will remove themselves from teaching if they become sick. Datum Marine Services Ltd will attempt to substitute a qualified teacher however, if a suitable substitute is not available Datum Marine Services Ltd will refund the course cost in full or reschedule the course at no additional cost to participants.)
2. All participants will be required to confirm their health status at the beginning of each day of the course by completing the Datum Marine Services Ltd Course Participant COVID-19 Questionnaire.
3. All participants will be required wear a non-medical face-mask whilst in the classroom environment (Datum Marine Services will provide masks, or participants may use their own)
4. Strict physical distancing will be maintained for at least 95% of the course duration, however certain class exercises vital to the course content and Transport Canada requirements may involve participants and the instructor being physically closer than 6-feet. This is why participants and instructors are required to wear a non-medical face-mask. When strict physical distancing is not possible, instructors will also ask all participants to wear disposable gloves and to sanitize their hands immediately before and after such exercises (Datum Marine Services will provide disposable gloves, or participants may use their own). This also means there will be absolutely no hand-shaking, hugging or any other physical contact with other participants or the instructor.
5. Meticulous hand washing is an effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. At a minimum, participants will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands immediately upon arriving at a Datum Marine Services Ltd classroom and after breaks Participants are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently throughout the day. Datum Marine Services Ltd will provide a hand sanitizer on each table and in other areas of the classroom.
Datum Marine Services Ltd thanks you in advance for your cooperation. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you might have about your course before you attend. Please direct your questions or concerns to email@example.com
As always, we have a super flexible cancellation policy, if you need to cancel, just let us know and we will reschedule you for another later course or issue a full refund.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org is the best way to let us know you need to cancel. We will NOT require the usual 24-hour notice.